Automobile accidents are a frightening experience. When the dust settles, you might be injured and your property might be damaged. If this happens, you need help.
Maybe you never saw them coming.
But now, someone else has harmed your family and your property. And you need to take action to protect them.
You deserve compensation for someone else’s mistake. Not to struggle to get to work because your car is in the shop. Not to face hospital bills. Not to experience the emotional and physical pain of an injury. If someone else is responsible, they need to fix their mistake.
But how? Chances are, this is your first experience with an automobile accident. You probably don’t know the steps to take to protect your rights and get justice.
That’s where we can help. You can follow these steps to get the compensation that you deserve. And remember, you can always contact our office for further assistance. We are here to help.
After An Accident
Following a car accident, there are some steps that you can take to make the coming weeks and months easier for yourself. Consider doing these things to gather evidence for your situation.
- Get the other driver’s contact information. Talking to the other driver can make communication down the line easier. Get their personal information as well as their auto insurance information.
- Contact the police. Even if the accident was minor, the police should come to the scene. They can file a police report related to the accident. If they do this, you will have a record of the accident later on in your case.
- Determine the damage to your vehicle. Take your care to an auto repair shop that you trust. Get a quote for the damage and how much it will cost to repair your vehicle.
- Determine your injuries. Even if you feel ok after the accident, you should visit a doctor. Check out your injuries and get them documented as soon as possible. This can help substantiate them in the case later on.
- Contact your insurance company. Inform your car insurance company that you were involved in an accident.
- Contact an attorney. Find an attorney to discuss the case. An attorney can help you determine negligence, or who is at fault for the accident. They can also help you gather more information about the accident and plan the next steps in your case.
The purpose of personal injury cases is to recover compensation for damages caused by another person. If you suffered damages but they were not your fault, you should not have to pay for them. In this situation, the at fault party would be responsible for paying for damages to your person or property.
Compensation money will differ from case to case. It is important to gather evidence about the costs related to the accident so that a fair quote for compensation can be determined for your case. Examples of evidence include:
- Doctors’ fees
- Surgery fees
- Physical therapy fees
- Fees related to your emotional trauma
- The cost of fixing or replacing your vehicle
In many cases, the other party will provide a settlement offer. Your attorney can review the settlement with you and advise you on taking it or going to trial.
Our website is a good place to start when seeking justice for an automobile accident. But if you are serious about recovering compensation, it is best to have a lawyer on your site.
At Ruane Attorneys, our lawyer have worked on automobile accident cases before. We understand the intricacies of these cases. This allows us to find the best argument to present to help our clients. If you would like to discuss your accident with an attorney, please contact our office. We would love to discuss your case with you during a free consultation, answer your questions, and help you through this process.