Preventing Abuse by Contacting Law Enforcement
When choosing a nursing home for your loved one, gather as much information as possible. This includes contacting the local police about the nursing home. The police can be a helpful resource when choosing a nursing home. You can gather important information by asking the following questions.
- Can you offer me any information about staff members in this nursing home?
- What information do you have about the owners or management who run this nursing home?
- Do you believe that this staff member should have been released from jail, not convicted, etc?
- Do you believe that this person or any other person on the staff is a threat to the safety of nursing home residents?
- What immediate action can I take if I suspect an issue?
Gathering this information can help your family decide on a nursing home. You can find the right nursing home by consulting other sources. This includes law enforcement, friends, family, and colleagues. For more information on preventing abuse, make sure that you read the rest of this section. There are different tips for you on how to pick a good nursing home. This can help you avoid the issue of neglect or abuse in a home.