Medical errors occur in nursing homes when a resident is misdiagnosed or improperly treated. This can happen on purpose, when a nurse, a doctor, or another staff member mistreats or misdiagnoses a resident in an attempt to punish or harm them, or it can be done accidentally. Whether a medical error is committed accidentally or on purpose, a medical error indicates negligence, which means that you and your loved one might have a civil case. So, for more specific information related to your situation, you can contact an attorney. In addition, as you attempt to gather evidence, keep an eye out for these common examples and warning signs of a medical error.
10 Medical Error Examples
- Anesthesia errors.
- Also consider bedsores.
- Errors in the lab.
- Infection from surgery.
- In addition, consider injuries from falls.
- Issues with medication.
- Then, consider poor communication with resident.
- Treatment errors.
- Urinary tract infections from catheter issues.
10 Medical Error Signs
- Any adverse effect of treatment or diagnosis.
- Breach of duty of care.
- Admittance of mistreatment.
- Sudden change in diagnosis.
- Poor communication among staff members.
- Admittance of misdiagnosis.
- Poor resident and staff communication.
- Finally, sudden change in treatment.
You can learn more about signs of medical errors on this page.