If charged with a crime and the police seized your property, you might not know the next step to take. In most cases, the police officers will not advocate for you to get your property back or explain to you what you need to do in order to recover this property. For this reason, you need someone on your side and knows how to handle this situation to ensure that your property gets returned to you as quickly as possible. That person is a defense lawyer.

Defense Attorney

A defense lawyer should have experience with asset forfeiture and knows what needs to happen in your situation to help you get your property back. Naturally, you won’t have experience with asset forfeiture and the process of getting your property back, so it is essential that you contact someone who does. This can save you a lot of stress, frustration, and confusion. Having a criminal defense lawyer handle the situation for you can help you rest assured that everything possible is being done to get your assets back. In addition, if you have questions, you can always talk to your lawyer and easily get the answers that you need.

By working with an attorney, you can prove that the property seized has no connection to a crime that took place. While there is no guarantee that a lawyer can help you recover your property, this is your best option if you have had assets seized and you want them back.

Be sure that you do not hire a general lawyer to help you with asset forfeiture. You want to hire a criminal defense lawyer with experience getting property back for their clients. This is your best option if you need help with asset forfeiture. You can contact us at 203-925-9200 if you would like to discuss your case with an experienced criminal defense attorney today.