On our blog, we’ve created a series about the bail bond process. We cover all aspects of the bail bond, so if you still have questions after checking out our arraignment and bond page, maybe these articles can answer them for you!
Blogs About Bail
- What is bail? The series starts out answering basic questions of what bail is and what to do if you encounter it.
- Who can post bail? If you have to post bail, you have a few different options. You can pay the bail yourself, hire a bail bondsman, or have a cosigner help you. These options get explored in this article.
- The bail process. The full bail process is available in this article if there are aspects of it that you are confused about.
- Types of bonds. Just as there are different people who can post bail, there are different types of bail bonds. You should explore all of your options before deciding how you will post bail.
- Restrictions on bail. A judge may impose conditions for your release if they feel that they are appropriate. Learn more about these restrictions in this article.
- Failure to appear in court. When you post bail, it means that you agree to return to court for your hearing. If you fail to do so, you will be guilty of failure to appear in court. Learn more about this crime in this article.
- When do I get my money back? Once you appear at all of your court hearings, you should get your bail bond money or collateral back. Learn the specifics of when you will get it back in this article.
- Secured and unsecured bonds. Learn the differences between these types of bonds and which is right for you.
- Failure to appear excuses. The court does not accept many excuses as legitimate for failing to appear in court, however, there are a few. Learn about acceptable and unacceptable excuses in this article.
- Bounty hunters. If you hire a bail bondsman to pay your bond, and you do not appear in court, the bondsman can hire a bounty hunter to find you.
- Hiring a bail bondsman. Just as we offer tips for hiring a lawyer, we want you to be informed when you decide to hire a bail bondsman. Read this article to get the information that you need about the hiring process.
- Bail bondsman requirements. Your bail bondsmen should be properly licensed. This article discusses the requirements that should be met by a bail bondsman before you decide to hire.
- Hiring the right bail bondsman. There are many bail bondsmen out there, but they are not all created equal. To find the right one, here are some tips for hiring.
- Bail and juvenile offenders. Procedure can be different for juvenile offenders in many cases. Learn about how bail is different for juvenile offenders here.
- Role of the cosigner. If you choose to have a cosigner help you with your bail, or if you have been asked to cosign a bond, you need to understand just what is expected of the cosigner.