| | Pardons in Connecticut
Pardons in Connecticut 2017-05-03T18:16:56+00:00

 A criminal conviction does not have to follow you for the rest of your life. Apply for a pardon and put the past in the past.

Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone deserves another chance. This is what a pardon can do for those convicted of crimes. When a pardon gets granted, it erases a person’s criminal history, which can help when that person applies for jobs and moves on with their life.

All applications for pardons (also known as expungements) go to the Board of Pardons and Paroles.

The Board consists of twenty members appointed by the governor and has the authority to grant both partial and full pardons for any offense against the state under § 54-124a. Board of Pardons and Paroles. The governor cannot grant pardons – that job goes solely to the Board. If you get denied, the Board must give a written statement describing why you got rejected. Here at Ruane Attorneys, we have dedicated one of our attorneys for this process,

The Board must allow crime victims to testify at a session where the board will consider granting a pardon, reducing a prisoner’s sentence, or releasing them. The victim of an offender’s crime may make statements regarding release, sentence reduction, or pardon. The statements may be presented orally or in writing and must be made a part of the record.