| | | Violation Warrants for Violation of Probation in Connecticut
Violation Warrants for Violation of Probation in Connecticut2018-09-20T19:40:07+00:00

Oftentimes when people get released from police custody on probation, this happens with conditions. These conditions occur in order to ensure that the defendant returns to court. In addition, they ensure that the defendant does not present a danger to anyone while on probation. If you get caught violating the conditions of your probation, you face consequences. One thing you need to watch out for is a violation warrant. Violation warrants are possible if you break the conditions of your probation. You can learn more on this page.

Violation Warrants

Violating your probation means you failed to meet conditions of your probation and can result in violation warrants. Common conditions of probation include:

  • Following a curfew.
  • Avoiding possession or use of illegal substances, such as drugs.
  • Avoiding possession or use of alcohol.
  • Getting and holding down a job.
  • Avoiding possession or use of firearms.
  • Enrolling in and staying in school.
  • Attending regular meetings with probation officer.
  • Submitting to drug tests.
  • Avoiding contact with victim(s) in your case.
  • Attending anger management, drug and alcohol education, or rehabilitation classes.

If your probation officer or the court feel that you don’t comply with your violation condition, a warrant will go out for your arrest. This warrant is known as a violation warrant. Once arrested, a bond might become issued for your release. This follows the procedure for a regular arrest.

Getting Help

If the court suspects violation of probation, you can have a trial in which the state has to prove that violation occurred. Also, you may counter the state’s claims with your own evidence of why you were not violating your probation. The best way to defend yourself in this situation is by hiring a criminal defense attorney to assist you in this process. We deal with violation warrants at our firm and can help you with yours. Please contact us at 203-925-9200 for more information.