On another page on this website, I provided links to documents needed to fill out the pardon application. Here, I want to consider these documents in more detail. Also, this article will provide you with specific information on these documents. This information will help you know what to do when filling them out. For this information, read on.
Background Investigation Authorization Form
As I mentioned on another page, you need to submit a background investigation authorization form with your pardon application. This is so that the Board of Pardons and Paroles can conduct a background check on you. This background check is needed to confirm your criminal history.
You must sign the Background Investigation Authorization Form. It also has to get notarized by a public notary. By signing this form, you allow your personal and criminal history to get released to the Board of Pardons and Paroles. This happens so that you can apply for a pardon.
Reference Questionnaire Form
Another form that must be submitted with your pardon application is the reference questionnaire form. Ideally, you will have at least three references. This means that three of these forms should get filled out and submitted. Your references will be responsible for filling out this form. Your references must provide the following information on these forms:
- The applicant’s name.
- The reference’s personal information. This information includes name, phone number, address, etc.
- The reference’s relationship to the applicant.
- The amount of time that the reference has known the applicant.
- The offenses that the applicant has been convicted of.
- A detailed explanation of why the applicant should receive a pardon.
Your reference must then sign and date the form and send it in with your application.
Criminal History Request
To obtain a copy of your criminal history, you need to fill out a criminal history request form. This form asks you to provide your:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Nicknames or aliases
This request must be sent, along with a $50.00 check or money order, to:
DESPP Division of State Police
Bureau of Identification
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, CT 06457-2389
Supervising Officer Questionnaire
If you are currently on probation, you need to have your supervising officer fill out a form approving your application. This form includes information such as:
- Your name and date of birth.
- The officer’s name and contact information.
- How long the officer has been supervising you and how often you meet with the supervisor.
- Your adjustment into the community as perceived by the officer.
- Your current employment status.
- Any other information that the panel might consider.
- Supervising officer’s signature and date.
These supplemental documents are essential to a good pardon application. If you find that you cannot fill these forms out on your own, you can contact my office for help. My staff’s experience with these documents and making pardon related requests can be put to work for you. Contact us today to set up a free consultation. We can go over the application. Also, we can answer any questions that you might have.