- Regulation – Sec. 14-37a. Special operator’s permit for employment purposes. (a) Any person whose operator’s license has been suspended pursuant to any provision of this chapter or chapter 248, except pursuant to section 14-215 for operating under suspension or pursuant to section 14-140 for failure to appear for trial, may make application to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles for a special permit to operate a motor vehicle to and from such person’s place of employment or, if such person is not employed at a fixed location, to operate a motor vehicle only in connection with, and to the extent necessary, to properly perform such person’s business or profession.
- Special operator’s permits are subject to strict standards for approval and use. Misuse of a permit or receipt of a traffic citation leads to license suspension. Also, it may result in substantially enhanced penalties.
- Work permit- Application also available as a download.
- Regulation – A special operator’s permit for higher education may get used to travel to and from classes at accredited institutions of higher education. You must also provide a certified copy of your class and examination schedule clearly identifying the days, hours and geographic locations of your classes. A copy of a completed release under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy must also get submitted.
- So, to apply, follow this link – Education permit.