There are many reasons why you might need to get a copy of your Connecticut motor vehicle history. You might need this information if you have been charged with a motor vehicle violation or a DUI. Or, you might need to provide this information if you are seeking a pardon. Don’t let the process of getting a copy of your driving history overwhelm you! It is actually quite easy to do. I will outline two ways that you can get this information here.
There are two ways in which you can get a copy of your motor vehicle history in Connecticut. The first is through the mail, and the second is going to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in person. Either way, you will have to fill out a Copy Records Request Form and there is a $20 fee.
Methods of Obtaining
Obtaining in the Mail
In order to get your motor vehicle history sent to you through the mail, you must follow these steps:
- On the copy records request form, check the box that says “driver history.”
- Fill in the necessary information and sign the form.
- On the reverse side of the application, there is information about an applicable code. Fill in this information.
- Write a check payable to the DMV for $20.
- Send in a copy of some form of identification, for instance, a copy of your passport, driver’s license, etc.
- Mail the form and the check to:
Copy Records Unit
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161
About two or three weeks after you mail in the request, you will get a certified copy of your motor vehicle history in the mail.
Obtaining in Person
You can bring the copy records request form, proof of identification, and the $20 fee to any full service or limited service DMV to receive a copy of your driving record in person.
If you are still unsure of how to obtain a copy of your Connecticut motor vehicle history, you can contact our office. We can answer any additional questions that you have and further help you through the process. We can even handle the paperwork for you to take some of the stress off of you.