If you want to apply for a pardon, you should stay organized. Having a full list of documents and steps to complete will make this process as stress free as possible. To assist you in this pursuit, I’ve collected resources that you will need for your pardon application. These resources are compiled here. You can use these documents and resources throughout the application process to make sure that your application is fully complete. Make your application as good as it can be. Read on to access these resources!
Here are the documents that you will need in order to complete your pardon application:
- Pardon application form. This form contains 13 sections that you must fill out if you want to apply for a pardon. Please see my series on the pardon application form for a full description of these sections and how to fill them out.
- The background investigation authorization form. This form allows the Board of Pardons to conduct a background investigation on you to make sure that you have not hidden or omitted any criminal activity from your pardon application. This form is available on page 10 of the pardon application document.
- Reference questionnaire form. When applying for a pardon, you need three reference letters from people that you know. These reference have to fill out the reference questionnaire form and you should send these forms in with your application. This form is available on the 15th page of the pardon application form.
- If you are on probation, your application must go through the Court Support Services Division (CSSD). Your probation officer must fill out the supervising officer questionnaire if you would like to be considered for a pardon.
- Statistical and research information sheet. This is an optional form that you can fill out to help the Board of Pardons conduct research on who applies for pardons. This form asks about your race and ethnic data. It is available on page 11 of the pardon application. Keep in mind that this is optional, and you do not have to send in this form.
- Criminal history request. In order to obtain your criminal history and provide this information in your pardon application, you need to fill out the criminal history request, available on page 16 of the pardon application form.
It is important to gather this information as soon as possible to make your pardon application and the overall process as easy as possible. Take the time to gather this information now so that the rest of your pardon application process can go smoothly.
These are the documents that you will have to fill out and send in with your pardon application. If you are feeling overwhelmed by this process, or if you have questions about any of the documents mentioned in this article, do not hesitate to contact my office. I can walk you through this oftentimes difficult process and make sure that you send in the best pardon application that you can. Contact me today and we can get started on your application as soon as possible!