If you are applying for a pardon this year, you might get a pardon hearing. There are a few different types of hearings that you could get. First, there is the pre screening hearing. There is also the regular pardon hearing, which will be granted to you if your application is accepted. If the Board of Pardons wants to know more about you, they will schedule a pardon hearing for you. Finally, there are Certificate of Employability reviews. If want to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility, one of these reviews might get scheduled for you. To learn more about the 2016 schedule for these hearings, read on.
Pre Screen Hearings
All of the pre screen hearings start at 9 a.m. During the pre screening, the Board of Pardons reviews all applications. They determine which applications will get pardon hearing considerations or Certificate of Eligibility grants. Here are the dates for the pre screen hearings in 2016. All of these hearings will take place at 55 West Main Street, Waterbury, CT 06702.
- Hearing #1: January 4th, 2016.
- Hearing #2: February 1st, 2016.
- Hearing #3: March 7th, 2016.
- Hearing #4: April 12th, 2016.
- Hearing #5: May 12th, 2016.
- Hearing #6: June 14th, 2016.
- Hearing #7: July 14th, 2016.
- Hearing #8: September 22nd, 2016.
- Hearing #9: November 7th, 2016.
During the final pre screening hearing, inmate clemency cases can get reviewed.
Full hearings also start at 9 a.m. The date and location for these hearings are:
- Hearing #1: February 3rd, 2016. This hearing will take place at the Waterbury Superior Court. This is located at 400 Grand Street, Waterbury, CT 06702.
- Hearing #2: March 3rd, 2016. This hearing is also located at the Waterbury Superior Court.
- Hearing #3: April 14th, 2016. This hearing will be held at the Stamford Superior Court. This court is located at 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT 06905.
- Hearing #4: May 17th, 2016. This hearing will take place at the Stamford Superior Court.
- Hearing #5: June 23rd, 2016. This hearing is located at the Hartford Community Court. The address is 80 Washington Street, Hartford, CT 06106.
- Hearing #6: July 26th, 2016. This hearing will take place at the Milford Superior Court. This courthouse is located at 14 West River Street, Milford, CT 06460.
- Hearing #7: August 31st, 2016. This hearing is located at the Norwalk Superior Court. This courthouse’s address is 17 Belden Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06850.
- Hearing #8: October 25th, 2016. This hearing will happen at the Middletown Superior Court. This is located at 1 Court Street, Middletown, CT 06457.
- Hearing #9: December 7th, 2016. The final full hearing of the year will take place at the New Britain Superior Court. The address for this courthouse is 20 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051.
Certificate of Eligibility Hearings
Certificate of Eligibility reviews are scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. All of these reviews take place at 55 West Main Street, Waterbury, CT 06702. The dates are as follows:
- Hearing #1: February 9th, 2016.
- Hearing #2: April 19th, 2016.
- Hearing #3: June 20th, 2016.
- Hearing #4: August 23rd, 2016.
- Hearing #5: October 18th, 2016.
- Hearing #6: December 13th, 2016.
Getting a Pardon
These are the dates for the pardon hearings in Connecticut during 2016. For help with your pardon application, contact our office. We can help you prepare your pardon application, answer any questions that you may have about the process, and assist you with the pardon hearing, should you have to attend one.